HAWAIIAN PIZZA POCKETS
Delicious little pockets filled with ham, cheese, sauce and pineapple.
Perfect for lunchboxes or afterschool snacks
Some tips before you get started:
For this recipe it is best not to let your dough rise, simply let it reach room temperature and it is ready. This is to ensure the pockets seal properly.
Flour your dough generously
Flour your surface generously so that you can easily transfer it into the oven, or use a piece of baking paper
Remember less is more when it comes to toppings!
A rolling pin or bottle is super-handy for this recipe
1 x Sugo Tu pizza dough disc
75g Sugo tu pizza sauce
1 can of diced pineapple
100g Ham (or Bacon)
1) Pre-heat the oven to 250C.
2) Prepare the dough according to pack instructions (do not let the dough rise, once it has reached room temperature it is ready)
3) Shape the dough into a square approximately 30cm x 30cm and place onto a piece of baking paper or floured surface.
4) Cut the dough into 6 circles, you can use a mug to do this then roll the dough cut-outs to flatten them further.
5) A a small amount of sauce, cheese, ham and pineapple. Don’t overfill, or the pockets won’t be able to close properly.
6) Gently lift the sides of the dough over the toppings and pinch the edges together, forming a seal. Make sure they are fully sealed, to prevent the filling oozing out in the oven.
Place the balls of dough seam-side down to rest while you fill and shape the others.
7) Arrange the pizza pockets on a baking tray (seam-side down) and spray or brush with a little olive oil.
8) Bake until the pockets are crisp and golden. Approximately 6-8 mins.